Inspired by the idea that in challenging times, our community will rise to the occasion and together we KAN (for Kandiyohi County) support each other and thrive. We're looking for your help to support the small businesses in our community that are the building blocks that make us who we are.
Purchase your #TogetherWeKan Rise Up T-shirt and the proceeds go to a special Willmar Lakes Area Vision 2040 fund dedicated to supporting our small businesses!
T-Shirts are $20 each and available through online ordering thanks to Hansen Advertising!
Ordering & Delivery
The Goodness Coffee House Drive-through
These t-shirts are a visual way to show your support for our local business community and are available for ordering online thanks to Hansen Advertising.
T-shirts can be purchased one at a time or ordered in bulk. Order online and pick up shirts at Hansen Advertising after May 18. T-shirts may also be shipped for an additional $5 fee per shirt.
Thank you, The Goodness Coffee House in downtown Willmar, for your partnership with the #TogetherWeKan Rise Up shirt project!
For questions on ordering or delivery, please contact us!
Funding & Application
Vision 2040 Rise Up Together Fund
To assist small businesses and organizations with 10 employees or less with micro-grants. Rise Up Mini Grants are intended to be a bridge to help small businesses and organizations. We encourage all applicants who are in need of support to still apply and provide a detailed explanation of how the Rise Up Mini Grants can support them during this time. Below are some ideas but not limited to that small businesses could apply to use the Rise Up Mini Grant for.
- In their quest to apply and complete applications for assistance,
- Marketing efforts
- Grant Writing
- Scholarship assistance for various programs associated to assist businesses and organizations succeed in this time of need and change.
- All eligible applicants must have a physical, commercial location, whether owned or leased, that is located in Kandiyohi County.
- All eligible applicants must be registered with the Minnesota Secretary of State and have been in business since December 1, 2019.
- Grant funds will be available for as long as Vision2040 determines prudent. It is currently anticipated that funding will be available until July 1, 2020.
- Vision 2040 reserves the right to limit the amount of funds available for this program at any time and no grants will be awarded until the fund reaches a minimum $1000.
Conflict of Interest
- Any Vision 2040 Steering Committee member that may indirectly or directly gain financially from grant transactions shall immediately inform the Vision 2040 Rise Up Together Fund Administrator of any potential conflict of interest, and shall abstain from any related votes.
- If a potential conflict of interest exists, all necessary steps will be taken to ensure that the grant application is processed fairly, and within local and State regulations.
Micro Grant Amounts:
- In order to serve as many local small businesses as possible, max award amounts will be determined by the amount of proceeds raised.
- Rise Up Mini Grants cannot be used for payroll, merchandise, etc.
- The “Vision 2040 Rise Up Together Fund “application must be completed in its entirety by the applicant and submitted to the Vision 2040 Office at 2104 East Highway 12, Willmar, MN 56201; or submitted electronically to [email protected] in order to be considered.
- Applications will be considered and acted on by the Vision 2040 Rise Up Together Fund Committee.
Together We CAn Rie Up Grant Application
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, small businesses in Kandiyohi County can apply for a micro grant using the Together We Kan Rise Up grant application form below.
Applications for these grants are now closed.
Willmar Lakes Area Vision 2040 is a grassroots movement in Kandiyohi County to make our communities better than they were yesterday. Our mission is to support the dreamers and the doers in Kandiyohi County. We strive to create a better tomorrow through supporting projects that are community minded with special emphasis on the four focus areas; Health & Wellness, Communication, Inclusion and Engagement.
Vision 2040 is a collaborative, community-led and driven initiative comprised of your neighbors, friends and coworkers.