Now Seeking Applicants
We're looking for fall/winter interns at Vision 2040! We're looking for outgoing people who love their community and want to help share it with the world! Read on to find out more about the position and apply below!
Vision 2040 is looking for a part-time social media and marketing intern for the winter. This intern will focus on one of Vision 2040’s four focus areas: Engagement.
Who We Are
Willmar Lakes Area Vision 2040 is about the future. Our purpose is to focus the energy of our community today, for a better tomorrow. It is a movement created out of the need to better our communities and support the dreamers and doers of Kandiyohi County. We strive to create a better tomorrow through supporting projects that are community minded with special emphasis on the four focus areas; Health & Wellness, Communication, Inclusion and Engagement.
Vision 2040 is a collaborative, community-led and driven initiative comprised of your neighbors, friends and coworkers.
- Roughly 10-15 hours per week (flexible) from September to April.
- Work hours are primarily evenings and weekends to cover local events and activities, meet with organizers, etc.
- Work hours are set by the schedule of covered events and team availability.
- Interns will be supervised by local media and marketing experts, as well as Vision 2040 leadership.
- Interns can have other employment, but that employment must also be flexible to accommodate Vision 2040 needs.
- Pay is $10-12 per hour and will be finalized upon hire.
- Promote community events and activities in Kandiyohi County to raise awareness about events and happenings in the Willmar Lakes Area.
- Assist in content creation for social media channels.
- Gather stories of past Vision 2040 funded and endorsed projects and create blogs to catalog those stories on the Vision 2040 website.
- Facilitate opportunities to engage people across the Willmar Lakes Area region as partners to better our communities.
- Report regularly to the Vision 2040 Leadership team for planning and impact.
- Fluent with social media channels, Facebook Live, and content creation.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism while representing Vision 2040 in the community.
- A reliable vehicle is necessary in order to attend and cover events in Kandiyohi county. Mileage reimbursement is provided for work related travel.
- Ability to network and operate in highly social environments.
- Interest in marketing, business, communication, or other related fields.
- Organized, punctual, positive, and creative are key characteristics for our interns.
- Experience or involvement in your community.
Ready to apply?
Fill out the application below by Monday, September 23rd to be considered!